Has studying abroad sparked a desire for further opportunities to live, volunteer, or study outside of the US? Learn more about life as an expat at the Spring 2012 GLOBAL OPPORTUNITIES FAIR: Life After London!
All international students (that’s you!) are welcome to attend!
When: Monday 16th April, drop-in from 11am-2pm
Where: Common Room in Foundation House, Foundation for International Education (FIE), 114 Cromwell Road, London SW7 4ES
What: The Spring 2012 Global Opportunities Fair is for students thinking about ways to return to the UK or to continue an international experience by studying, interning or volunteering. Students can meet representatives and alumni and pick up information from the following organisations:
- BUNAC’s “Intern in Britain” program gives students and recent graduates the opportunity to work as a paid intern in the UK for up to 6 months. BUNAC offers a range of exciting summer camp, work abroad and volunteer abroad programmes. Other programme destinations include Canada, New Zealand, Ghana, Australia, Britain, China, South Africa and many more!
- PEACE CORPS volunteers live, learn, and work with a community overseas to promote world peace and understanding. American citizens can work with governments, schools, NPOs, NGOs, and entrepreneurs in education, hunger, business, information technology, agriculture, and the environment.
- JET – The Japan Exchange and Teaching Program seeks to help enhance internationalisation in Japan by promoting mutual understanding between Japan and other nations. The program also aims to improve foreign language education in Japan and to encourage international exchange at the local level by fostering ties between Japanese youth and foreign youth.
- CIEE has paid Teach Abroad programmes in Chile, China, Dominican Republic, South Korea, Spain, Thailand and Vietnam.
- MOUNTBATTEN INSTITUTE offers a full-time, one-year paid internship in London (non-UK/EU citizens only) or New York (non-American citizens only) with evening and weekend study Receive a Postgraduate Certificate or MBA in International Business Practice.
- ACROSS THE POND provides free personal advice, guidance and assistance with the application process to successfully help US students apply for postgraduate study in the UK. A Master’s degree in the UK has many advantages over a US Master’s degree such as it only takes 12 months to complete, saving you both time and money, in addition to the invaluable international experience.
- US-UK FULBRIGHT COMMISSION promotes peace and cultural understanding through educational exchange. They offer merit-based grants and scholarships to international exchange students. Visit their website for further information about types of grants and how to study in the UK.