LGBT history month is not just for LGBT people and is open to anyone. So I hope you take the opportunity to attend some of the events/exhibitions which London has planned for the LGBT history month – it’s not too late!
- Moonlight Film – I would like to organise a film night for SU London students to see Moonlight (trailer) which has received incredible reviews next week – either Tuesday, 28th Feb OR Thursday 2nd March in the evening (FREE). ‘At once a vital portrait of contemporary African American life and an intensely personal and poetic meditation on identity, family, friendship, and love, MOONLIGHT is a groundbreaking piece of cinema that reverberates with deep compassion and universal truths’. If you would be interested in attending, please let me know by Monday, 27th Feb by email email@example.com
- Until 28 February – 2017 celebrates 50 years since the partial decriminalisation of male homosexual acts in the UK for those aged 21 and over. Come and find out how this came about and what followed at the Camden LGBT Forum (FREE EVENT).
- Sat, 25 February at 6.30pm – LGBT Film Night at Cooltan Arts (FREE). Followed by a fun LGBT COOL Night OUT, also FREE (Book tickets online). ‘Join the fun with a huge range of stellar performances from Mzz Kimberley, Frankie Sinatra, Gusher, Elivis PressMe, Phoenix Fag Butt, Sam Henwood, DJ Fioxi and DJ Vesuvio. Bar and food available’.
- Until 30 April – LSE Library exhibition ‘Glad to be Gay: the struggle for legal equality‘ (FREE).
- Kinky Boots – Look out for a message in March regarding tickets to Kinky Boots musical at the Adelphi Theatre.
This is certainly not all, there are plenty more events happening around London for LGBT history month. If you’re interested, please check out http://lgbthistorymonth.org.uk/ or come speak to me in the Program Office.